Meet Our Amazing Music Team - Summer School 2019
13th July 2019
The sun is shining in beautiful Winchester and that can only mean one thing: the start of Ingenium 2019!
Tomorrow we shall be welcoming students from 45 countries around the world for four fantastic weeks of music making and memories.
It's not too late to join us - but don't delay!
There's still time to apply for the later weeks of the course so fill out an application form for a summer to remember!
What's on offer this year?
Our established orchestral conductors include:
- Ingenium Academy regular and Royal College of Music professor Matthew Taylor
- Dionysis Grammenos, founder of Greek Youth Symphony Orchestra and conductor of the Canadian Opera Company in Toronto.
- Lee Reynolds, who is a regular conductor at Glyndebourne Opera, the London Symphony Orchestra and the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.
Vocalists are guaranteed a rousing summer of singing courtesy of:
- Ingenium favourites Adam Saunders and Tom Appleton
- Plus, we are super excited to say hello for the first time to Sophia Papoulis from the Young People's Chorus of New York City.
Our pianists will be in superb company with our esteemed piano department:
- Led by Simon Callaghan and featuring Hiro Takenouchi, Clíodna Shanahan and Richard Sisson
- Piano programme highlights will include the chance to try period pianos and harpsichords, organ and masterclasses including the amazing Alexandra Dariescu.
Training our conducting students once more:
...and some of the UK's most in-demand composers will also be making appearances to work with our young writers:
- Michael Betteridge, Lucy Armstrong and Anna Appleby.
For our Chamber Music Week we are also excited to be welcoming:
- the internationally renowned Carducci Quartet for a workshop day
- plus chamber music specialists Tamar Andrusier, Simon Callaghan and Matt Sharp to direct the programme.
Finally, our saxophonists will be treated to:
- Masterclasses including jazz sensation Michael Chillingworth
- A varied and dynamic programme led by Dom Childs and Sarah Markham.
That's not all: students will benefit from masterclasses with an exciting range of visiting tutors including:
- Sophie Grimmer (vocal)
- Helen Kearns (Alexander technique)
- Sue Dent (French horn)
- ...and many more!
And to top it off, we shall be performing at venues in Winchester, Oxford and London, enjoying fish and chips by the sea and singing along to a West End musical (stay tuned for which one...).
One thing is for sure: we absolutely cannot wait to get going!
Programmes range from 1 week to 4 weeks long. Students can attend one immersive programme, or broaden their experience by combining programmes to suit their interests.
We love speaking to young musicians, teachers and families from around the world - so don't hesitate to get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Phone: +44 (0)20 7060 4076
Follow more of our adventures...